British Blue Willow Chinoiserie Vintage Teacup Candle
With an intricate design based on a Chinese legend called "Blue Willow" China is both beautiful and captivating. We would like to give the story in detail to make it more special if you are planning to start your collection with this pattern. The pattern was developed by Thomas Turner in 1779 and eventually became a classic during the 19th century and 20th century. Mr. Turner was inspired by the Chinese legend called Blue Willow. In the story: a beautiful daughter of a powerful man fell in love with her father's secretary. Discovering their love, the father banished the secretary and constructed a great fence to keep his daughter contained. She could only walk by the water and the willows. She despaired until she received a message from her lover. At a banquet, he rescued her, but her father noticed and chased them across a bridge. They got away, but years later, her father caught up with them. The secretary was killed, and the daughter died as well. In pity, the gods turned them both into doves so they could fly together forever.
If you look closely, you can see the symbolic motifs of this legend both on the teacup and saucer. For example: the father built to keep his daughter in, the bridge he chased the lovers across, the willow and stream by which the daughter walked, and many more elements of the legend. At the top, there are two doves to represent the couple. For this teacup candle we have infused coconut soy wax with top notes of black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, and plum, while base notes of vanilla, sugar, and musk keep this fragrance grounded. Once you light your candle, the scent will fill your space with an aroma that always inspires. The top of the candle is decorated with dried flowers and crystals for luck and well-being.
Gift box is included with the candle, ready to be given as gifts. Whether you're planning a bridal shower, tea party, baby shower, wedding or a classic event, this vintage teacup candle is the perfect gift.
The tea set can be used for sipping your favorite hot drink after your candle is finished. Since we are using 100% organic vegetable base coconut and soy wax blend with the premium oils. We are not using any coloring agent for our candles in order to keep the teacups reusable and not to damage the vintage item. You get the best of both worlds, this teacup has been repurposed into a candle that can be enjoyed before being turned back into a teacup.
- All of our products are handmade so there may be slight variations.
- Vintage Tea Cups are fragile and sensitive to extreme heat and cold, please handle & store with extreme care
- Does not come with display stand in picture
- SKU # 00001000-BRV5
- Condition: New
- Brand: NeFer by The Claustrum
- Manufacturer: The Claustrum, LLC.
- Vintage TeaCup (At least 50+ years old)
- Dimensions for Teacup: 2" H x 2" Diameter Wide (not including handle)
- Dimensions for Saucer: 4.5" Diameter Wide
- Weight before shipping: 5 ounces
- Hand poured in Saline, Michigan
- Burn Time: 40+ hours
- Wax Type: 100% Coconut and soy wax
- Wick Type: Cotton
- Scent: Black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, plum, vanilla, sugar and musk
Shipping Information (Estimated)
- Package Weight: 1.0625 pounds
- Package Dimensions: 8.0 x 8.0 x 8.0 inches
- All vintage tea cups are shipped with USPS insurance for the full value of the vintage tea cup and candle
Always trim the wick before lighting and keep debris out of the wax pool. Do not burn for more than 2-3 hours at a single period of time. Place the candle away from flammable objects and place the candle in a candle dish or other appropriate vessel that is heat resistant. For the most enjoyment let the wax harden and cool before relighting the candle.
Keep away from pets.
Keep away from children.